Friday 16 March 2018

BeautyBigBang review: gradient shading nail brush aka thingymabob

I have another review for you guys today.... As I mentioned previously I was contacted by BeautyBigBang to review some of their products. I decided to choose the gradient sponge tool, that I've seen being used by nail artists on Insta.

I'm using gel polish with it as normal polish will dry on the heads and I'm not sure how reusable they are after being cleaned. And normal polishes obviously dries and gel needs to be cured for it to dry.

I started with two coats of Gel-IT (local gel polish brand) coat azure on my pinky, two coats of malibu on my index, middle and ring finger and on my thumb I have three coats of tigerlilly.
I used star vinyls and the sponge tool. So I like the tool, but my vinyls sucked. I don't know if it's because of the gel or what, but it kept moving around. I used coat azure, tigerlilly and on fleek to sponge over the vinyls. I used both the outside and inside of the vinyls for a different look.
The tool has a sponge on each end, the one rounded and the other with a slight tip. The wand part has clear crystals, but they also have ones with coloured ones. The one I chose had 4 replacement heads, two of each shape, the replacement heads only come with the clear crystal wand though. I used the rounded head one for this design, as I believe the one with the tip is meant for the shading of nail tips...
What do you think? I kinda liked how this turned out even if it's not perfect and I'm glad I took this tool... I'm going to try and use it with normal polish and see what happens, but I think it's meant for gel polishes. I'm also hoping it'll up my radial gradient game!
If you interested in this, you can get it from BeautyBigBang and you can use my code: SARCA10 for 10% off normal priced items.

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I take time to read and respond to all comments, feel free to drop me a line. If you want me to check out your blog, rather contact me sarcasticbynature(at)gmail.com than leaving your link in the comments.